In other news, it was a full day:
- Rugrat Wednesday included painting and then some "supervising" for those who sold so many boxes in some various Bounce Houses. Problem was, where said Bounce Houses were set up, there were a ton of thorns. It was pleasure mixed with pain for the kiddos. While they wanted to bounce their little hearts out, there were stickers everywhere!
- Playdate with Miss Emily M. This one went better than expected. Still learning the "we don't have to agree on everything but we can still have fun concept".
- The Money Grab. Miss Grace won the opportunity to grab as much as she could in 30 seconds for selling 30 boxes of cookies. She was one of 10 in the entire school from what I understand. The whole concept trips me out: she stands in this plastic box in the middle of this pile of cash that's being blown around her for 30 seconds and what she grabs is hers. The whole thing has GREED written all over this... but how come I'm the only one who's weirded out by this?
- I cleaned the house from top to bottom. I love a clean house.
- Dinner at Piazza Del Panne with Miss Grace. We had originally planned to picnic at the park, but Holy Moly the wind was nuts tonight... and it got cold!
- Church at The Well. Well. I don't know. Tonight's message was kind of unnerving. Yesterday I posted a link to a charge that a Republican senator from Minnesota gave to his constituents and colleagues regarding the measure concerning gay marriage on the ballot. I feel like the Pastor, while he isn't my Facebook friend, read my post and gave a public rebuttal. I still don't agree. Still, I do think I'm a Jesus freak... but I don't think being gay is a sin. So why was that EVEN brought up tonight? We were talking about idolatry... Argh. I feel like that's a huge dividing line that really shouldn't be. Think about how much more unified we would be as a church if we could stop judging things we just don't understand and just start loving...
Anyhoo. I got some laundry to fold...